A good business card should fit the image of your company; Something difficult considering the small size they have. And, how can you carry your message through a space of only two by three inches?
Although you should be more creative if your business deserves it, in general you must follow these simple steps design your cards:
- Use your logo as a base. Make it the largest item on the card.
- Keep it simple. There is not much information on the card.
- It includes essentials: name, position, company, address, telephone and email.
- Make sure the typography is legible.
- Try to use only colors.
Once you have with you your business cards already printed, take them to the maximum with these tips:
- Always give people more than one card so they can give it to someone else.
- Include your card in all correspondence and bulletins you send.
- Always carry cards with you in an envelope or briefcase where they are kept clean and not wrinkled.
Business cards should not be boring. If the industry allows it, be creative and apply these ideas:
- Use 4 by 7 inch cards that can be folded (like a mini booklet).
- Cards with unconventional shapes attract attention. According to your business you can, for example, use them in the form of teddy bear if you sell toys or cake if you are a birthday party organizer.
- Textured paper can add interest to the card, as can using colored paper. Try to use light shadows to ensure readability.
- Thermography, a process that creates a brilliant and highlighted impression gives your cards more appeal.