In a world where new applications are being created, achieving proper positioning is not an easy task. There are millions of mobile applications in the world and, for this reason, it is very important that, today, a company takes into account implement an ASO Positioning strategy for mobile applications to gain greater visibility over others.
What is ASO?
To clarify the entry topic, ASO fulfills the same functions as SEO Web Positioning. In other words, while an SEO strategy is concerned with getting a brand to rank among the top places of the search engines, ASO is in charge of positioning the mobile applications, but in the same virtual stores (Google Play Store and App Store).
The main goal of ASO is to generate more people to find the applications they are looking for more easily and quickly, without having to go to the next page. The idea is that, once found the APP, the user does not hesitate to install it and thus the brand gets a conversion in their favor.
Factors for ASO Positioning
To begin implementing an ASO strategy it is important that brands take into consideration the main factors that any application should include to achieve the proposed objectives:
- It is recommended that the title of the application is short so that neither the browser nor the user takes a long time to find it.
- Must contain at least one keyword of interest to the user.
- In a nutshell you must make clear what your application is and what it is for.
- The limit of the description is 4000 characters; However, the text has to be short to denote clarity and not clutter.
- It must be attractive to encourage the user to generate a lead in favor.
- Must be original and creative
- Avoid white backgrounds because it can be lost with other applications.
Screenshots or screenshots:
- Screen captures should show attractive passages of the application. The reason is simple, and is that thanks to screenshots is more likely to attract users, as they are showing them how the APP is inside.
- Choose the most suitable for the application. Users also search by categories.
- The more reviews and positive votes, the greater the popularity of the application and will mean that it is of good quality.
- Use all those related to the application. However, do not fill the entire title or description with these, as it can be counterproductive.