#1. Update your profile photo
The photograph that accompanies our profile is one of the most important elements, so you will have to take great care of this aspect, since it is our business card and the first element with which users and companies will find .
Therefore you have to pay close attention to that this image has the following characteristics and requirements;
- Use a good quality photo.
- Fundamental: A clear photo, well lit and with your face centered.
- Use a photo that is current (Remember that the profile photo has to be a representation that is most similar to you)
- In the profile photo you can only appear, no one else. Forget the group photos of your vacation or cut someone, there is nothing professional.
- Always try to make your face look good. Always avoid full-body or close-up pictures, use a photo that is not too formal or too casual, in which you feel yourself.
- Smile and be as natural as possible.
- Do not forget that every now and then you will have to update your photograph.
#2. Update your background image
Since a time ago, LinkedIn gives us the option to add a background image to our profile. You will wonder what this background image is for if you have already put a profile picture, right? This element will allow us to further customize our profile and make it as original and unique as possible, providing us presence and differentiation compared to other users.
You can also change it periodically and take advantage of it to promote events, new launches of products or services or any novelty of your business.
If you do not have a photograph for the background of your LinkedIn profile do not worry, with these 20 banks of images you can show the best backgrounds with excellent quality.
# 3.Review and update your abstract / extract
It is a key section, as it fulfills two fundamental functions;
- It offers an overview of your career, that is, it is a summary of what you have done and you have achieved so far.
- Attract the professional that visits your profile to stay in it for as long as possible.
# 4.Gather videos, audios and includes projects you’ve worked on
Inserting content like videos, audios and images can make the difference between a basic LinkedIn profile and a professional one.
When was the last time you updated your LindkedIn profile with multimedia content? If you have been thinking a lot this answer is that you need to publish and update your profile with videos, images or articles of interest that have to do with your profession.
#5. Be active
Did you know that 40% of users check and interact on LinkedIn daily?
You must treat your LinkedIn profile like any other social media platform but with the difference that it is your professional profile, not personal. For this you will have to interact with the users, with the messages you receive, share articles, leave comments and create your own content.
A good choice is to publish and create content with current themes of your profession and to arouse the interest of users, for example talking about trends in your industry or the culture of your company. This will demonstrate the knowledge that you have in the field and will make people know you better.
# 6. Get recommendations and skills validations
In LinkedIn you have a very useful tool called “Recommendations”, in which you can ask professional colleagues, clients, professional contacts or users of LidkedIn a professional reference. Not only will this increase your credibility, but your professional skills will also be strengthened in the face of different companies and businesses in search of valuable profiles.